Monday, May 1, 2017

Nufs 144 class lecture

I was absolutely fascinated with the food history lecture in the beginning of the semester. Our evolution as humans is so captivating to me and the fact that we have come so far specifically in our food, is remarkable.
Our ancestors are probably rolling around in their graves if they knew what we are today. Their skills of hunting a gathering back in beginning of times have evolved us into farmers and then what we are today.  They hadn’t even discovered fire yet, and their skills that helped them survive were so perfected with patience, perseverance, and endurance made them survive. It’s hard to imagine life without fire. Their raw diet before the use of fire wasn’t as nutritious or practical as it is with fire. Cooking made nutrition more easily absorbed, and less energy to digest. I think that this triggered a substantial mark in our evolvement rate. Everything quickly evolved at a rapid rate after that.

Farming made more food for more support. It encouraged for more reproduction and domestication. I think that this lecture made me think of how evolved we are now to what we were then. Based on Kathleen’s harmonious lectures and the extremely interesting reading that’s were given to us, the history of how we have our food was eye-opening to me.  As I learned throughout the chapter, I would teach with what I learned from class to my friends and colleagues. It struck me with surprise that as I would teach them, they had no idea and found it just as fascinated as I was to know how we have evolved when it come to our food. I think that this class should be required to all students. It’s knowledge that has been our foundation to what we are today and I believe it would open a lot of eyes to everyone.
Word Count: 309

No comments:

Post a Comment