Monday, May 1, 2017

Anthony Bourdain

Anthony Bourdain has a special place in my heart. His cooking shows are mesmerizing because of the amazing writing he speaks from, but the places he sees and travels to, it makes me want to be a stow-away in his suitcase. He talks is as if he reading poetry from a book he’s written. The words flow so gracefully and elegantly even if he does throw in a few curse words from time to time. Whenever his shows are on T.V., I watch them religiously even though I have seen them so many times before.
He also drinks like a fish. Which to me, is a friend who likes to always have a good time. All his meals consist of some sort of alcohol in the countries he travels to which surprises me that he’s even still alive. In countries that have alcohol illegal like in the middle East, he is respectful wherever he goes. But more often than not, his breakfast, lunch, and dinners must have a tasty beverage to pair with.
When he travels, all his guests that guide him or that guides through the cities, are the crème of the crop. If its David Chang who is the chef of Momofuku, Massaharu Morrimoto in Japan, or even President Barack Obama, Bourdain gives us a deeper look into other culture’s food without having to leave our couch. He provides us great insight in other countries way of living and eating. Without this show, I feel that there wouldn’t be a lot of understanding with other people’s way of life. And in the way of food, because everyone must eat, we can see how our humans live.

I also have a side note about Anthony Bourdain and why he has a special place in my heart. Back in 2013-14, he had done one of shows based here in the San Jose Area. When needing a place to eat, the neighboring culinary school that I had worked for, help guide him through our small city. My fellow classmate from culinary school was working at a high end small restaurant in Willow Glen, and Bourdain chose that place out of the many that was offered to him. My classmate said Bourdain, Eric Ripert (co-host of the tour that they were on), and Brad (my classmate) partied until 4 o’clock in the morning he said. If there is one thing that Bourdain will be infamously known for is how much he eats and drinks. He sure can drink his liquor and eat what he wants anytime and anywhere. I’ve always said that I would love to have him as my best friend. Even if it is for only one hour.
Word Count: 448

No comments:

Post a Comment