Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Ireland


When traveling to Ireland, I was surrounded by amazing food! We travelled all the south of southern Ireland from Dublin to Cork. One thing that I remembered most was the insanely delicious “Irish Breakfast”. It almost always consisted of black and white pudding, Irish bacon, fried eggs, fried tomatoes, baked beans, and some sort of potatoes. They also served Irish soda bread that doesn’t taste like much by itself, but if you dredge it in salted butter, it’s heavenly. The Irish soda bread is everywhere. One time, we splurged to an incredible restaurant in Dingle, where the restaurant was almost hidden underground in a basement. It was very tiny with a roaring fire in the corner, and old Irish memorabilia on the light wooden walls. It reminded me of a cabin in Lake Tahoe serving fancy food that of the famous French Laundry would serve. It was so cozy especially from the harsh Irish rainy weather in April. My mom had the rack of lamb that I had to take of or I would die. It was over-the-top good. I had a stick to your bone beef stew over mashed potatoes with of course, extra Irish soda bread to soak up the thick gravy. 13 years ago, and I’m still day dreaming about to this day. The next day we went to the Guinness factory and burned it off by hiking up the 10 floors of the brewery’s history only to be welcomed by bar with a 360-degree view of all Ireland. And, even though I was only 17 at the time, my tall and lanky height fooled them all and served me the most delicious pint of Guinness I have ever tasted. There has nothing been comparable since that trip and I will treasure the memories forever and ever.
Word Count: 300

No comments:

Post a Comment